The MacroScale conference is devoted to the highest level of length measurements of objects ranging from several 100 µm to km in size and on their traceability to the SI unit of length.
Welcome are reports on progress in the development or application of instruments, principles, methods, algorithms and measurement procedures and in the determination of the related measurement uncertainties, as well as reports on international measurement comparisons. This is to be extended to the measurement of quantities that are required to determine the uncertainties of dimensional measurements, such as sample and air temperature or probing interaction.
Topics to be addressed include
- Interferometry (e.g. absolute range finding interferometry, imaging interferometry, displacement interferometry)
- Calibration of length standards (e.g. gauge blocks, line scales)
- Coordinate metrology (including multi-sensor systems, computed tomography, µCMMs and large scale CMMs)
- Form measurements
- Surface texture measurements
- Tactile, optical and electronic sensors for surface or structure localization
- Temperature and force measurements related to dimensional measurements
- Angle metrology
- Measurement uncertainty determination of dimensional measurements
- Displacement and structure localization sensors