This workshop aims to define future challenges and directions within the scope of metrology for brachytherapy. The workshop will provide a forum for the exchange of information, ideas and expertise in the field of brachytherapy in the community with experts from metrology, medical physics, radiation oncology, radiobiology as well as vendors.
The current status of brachytherapy in clinics and hospitals, quality assurance, calibration services and the current and future potentials of technological improvements and medical physics innovations will be reviewed in the light of future demands on metrology and calibration services.
Main topics are:
- current reference dosimetry in brachytherapy
- clinical dosimetry and dose verification
- dosimetry parameters: MC calculation and experimental verification
- model based dose calculation algorithms (MBDCA)
- experimental verification of the 3D dose distribution
- detectors in brachytherapy
- in-vivo dosimetry
- electronic brachytherapy and intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT)
- new sources
- directional LDR brachytherapy sources
- eye plaque brachytherapy
- image guided brachytherapy (IGBT)
- radiobiological effects: detectors, micro- and nanodosimetry